Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Quiet 4th

Happy Fourth of July everyone! Hope yours was full of patriotic drinks and BBQ. We did our best by cooking some ribs, slathering them in sauce and finishing off with these babies:



Super easy, but super delicious recipe:
1 box berry Jello
Cool Whip
Fresh strawberries

You can figure out the rest.

It was definitely nice to have a day off today, but our America celebrations are at a minimum this year. My little lawyer-to-be has been using today to get ahead on his studying, and because of the burn ban, all the fireworks shows have been canceled. But no matter. A nice quite day at home with my three favorite boys suits me just fine. Plus, I'm still feeling the effects of some really great news I received recently. More to come on that later...(Those of you who know, don't spoil it for the rest!)

But in the meantime, let's relax and enjoy our freedom together. Where's my friend Jessica and her signature U.S.A. chant when you need her?

No comments:

Post a Comment