Monday, February 13, 2012

White Rooms

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been saving up some of my favorite white rooms over the past few weeks to share with you. I don't know what it is, but there is something so inherently soothing about an all white, beautifully styled room. After a long Monday, you deserve this post. Click photos for credits.













Ahhhh.....doesn't that feel better?

Something I noticed while hoarding white room photos is that each room is styled with variations of whites, creams and warm textures such as wood, brick, animal skin, wools, etc. All these elements keep the rooms warm and inviting instead of stark and barren - something to keep in mind when creating a white room. Although these rooms are not very practical for me at the moment (two 100+lb dogs who've ripped up all the grass in the backyard makes dirt/mud/dust our #1 home accessory), I hope that one day I'll be able to hire a cleaning lady (or two, or three...) and create a room just as dreamy as these.

2 comments:

  1. Great rooms!! my living room is also all white :)

    Kisses Anne
    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these! While white may not be the most practical color, it's so relaxing + refreshing!

    ReplyDelete