Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Floss, Color and Text.

Happy new year everyone!

2011 was great. Not too eventful, save for some bling I received on my left finger, but a nice, solid year. 2012 is sure to be much more eventful. Some highlights include moving to Durango, finding a new job and starting this insane ritual people call wedding planning.

As far as resolutions go, I’ve picked 3 that I think can stick with:

1) Floss once a day

2) Never buy a piece of clothing without color (unless it’s a basic)

3) Blog regularly

Notice how there aren’t any resolutions that involve worrying less or losing weight? That’s because I believe new year’s resolutions should be attainable.

I haven’t been to the dentist in almost 10 years. What’s that? Oh. Sorry about that dry heave. I didn’t go in college because I never wanted to make the trip back to KC during the week. I haven’t gone in Tulsa because the process of finding a doctor or dentist is so arduous, and I know I’ll be leaving shortly anyway, so what’s the point of going through the hassle to find one in the first place? OK. You got me. The real excuse is I haven’t been in so long that I’m afraid of how disgusted they’ll be once I open my mouth. I figure if I start flossing once a day that’s at least 1 pat on the back they can give me, right? No? Well…can you keep your clean-toothed opinions to yourself, Mister.

I’ve recently realized that my closet is…well…monotoned. Nothing but shades of black, navy and gray in there, yet everything that I’m drawn to in magazines and blogs have some serious color going on. So this year, I resolve to only buy colored pieces, no matter how cute that heather-gray J. Crew sweater that I already have 4 similar versions of is. However, this clause does exclude basics like tanks.

And finally, this year, I hope to really start this blog. I’m not sure what it will turn into. I have zero expectations about its content or its relevance. But I do know that even though I figured out I don’t want to be a journalist, I do still enjoy writing. I also enjoy fashion and modern design, and would like an outlet other than Pinterest to share. So even if the only traffic on this blog is my mom, by gosh I’m going to give her something to read!

So happy new year, boys and girls. What are YOUR resolutions? Attainable I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment